How do I remove freckles? Discover how to remove freckles on face fast. You will also learn how to remove freckles at home with natural methods. How to remove freckles permanently on face and lips among other parts of the body is the essence of this article.
If you are one of those people who have freckles appearing on skin whenever your skin is kissed by the beautiful sunlight, then you must hate the sun for doing that to your skin. However, instead of hating it you can control the freckles by avoiding the sun totally. If you have to sit or work under the sun, do wear a sunscreen with high SPF of about 30 and above.
Instead of walking or staying under the sun without clothes on, ensure that you have loose cotton clothes covering all your freckle prone sections. This way, you will keep your body cool and avoid the harmful effects of the sunrays.
This will limit your dressing during summer, but if you want flawless skin the best way is to avoid freckles in the first place before learning how tor remove freckles. A hat should also become part of your dressing, especially if it is has a broad rim. When you cover yourself this way, you will have minimal spots to worry about, only those you were born with because the rest are mostly enhanced by sunlight.
How to remove freckles should not be a problem if you are protecting your skin from the harmful UV radiation rays of the sun. It should be easy at home with natural methods I will provide here and could even work at removing the freckles on your face fast and permanently.
How to Remove Freckles at Home Naturally
Learning how to remove freckles naturally is the best thing you can do to your delicate skin because you would not be subjecting it to harsh chemicals. Similarly, you can remove freckles without spending so much money. With fruits, oils, vegetables and other groceries in the house, you can whip a treatment that is all natural and safe. Some of the items to use in home treatments for freckles can also be obtained from your kitchen garden.
This is how to remove freckles at home and naturally by mixing various ingredients together and using them patiently. These recipes do not work if you just apply once. You have to do it religiously, night and day if you want results. Do not try different mixtures at the same time, try one for a specific time say one month before trying a different recipe.
Avoid also walking under the sun when wearing these treatments as they could cause your freckles to darken more. Instead, apply in the morning for 10-15 minutes before rinsing off. However, you can sleep with any homemade recipe and rinse it in the morning for best results.
Natural methods how to remove freckles at home:
Oils can be used before your moisturizer and are safe to use under the sun during the day. The best kinds that lighten the brown spots include the following, which should be in their purest forms:
- Castor oil
- Vitamin E oil
- Fenugreek oil
- Olive oil mixed oatmeal
If you like juices, here is a list for you:
- Parsley juice mixed with red currant juice
- Lemon juice,
- Orange juice mixed with lemon juice if lemon alone dries your skin
Here are some of the fruit masks to try:
- Apricots mixed with cucumber
- Strawberries mixed with kiwi fruit
- Unripe currant
Milk for removing those freckle dots will also come in handy:
- Milk cream
- Sour milk
- Milk mixed with mustard
Honey is a good bleaching agent and can help you eliminate the freckles.
- 1 tablespoon of honey mixed with 1 tbs oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon of honey mixed with equal amounts of nutmeg and cucumber
- Unpasteurized honey mixed with unripe currant
How to Remove Freckles Permanently
If you cannot stand mixing concoctions at home, then you may want to try an expensive treatment that will be safe and effective. Laser freckle removal is the modern way on how to remove freckles permanently. This method allows laser beams to burn the melanin that is clustered to make freckles appear on skin.
Laser treatment can be quite expensive, but it gives results within a week’s time. However, the downside of this method is that your may require regular sessions of laser treatment, depending on how big your freckles are. Laser removal is best if you have freckles that have become dark over the years from exposing your skin to the sun.
Removing freckles permanently with laser treatment also leaves minimal scars especially if the noninvasive laser freckle removal is used on your skin. If you want to avoid scarring when using laser treatment as your method to remove freckles permanently, then you should avoid these laser treatments, which are invasive:
- Fractioning Co2 such as Active FX, Deep Fx , CORE and Re:pair
How to Remove Freckles Fast – OTC & Prescription Products
Sometimes you may not have all the money to afford the 4 or 5 sessions needed for laser freckle removal. However, this does not mean that you cannot remove unwanted freckles fast. While the home remedies may take a month or two to show improvements on your skin, using OTC and prescription products may help you achieve a freckle free skin in just a few days.
Do not use any of the following without supervision by a dermatologist. No wonder some of these are sold on prescription only. Stick to the instructions and avoid the sun as much as possible when using these products. Do also make use of a proper sun block whenever you have to go outdoors.
This is how to remove freckles fast with OTC and prescription creams:
- Apply retinoids
- Use chemical peels with alpha and beta hydroxyl acids
- Bleach with prescribed 4% of hydroquinone cream or OTC 2%
How to Remove Freckles on Face Using Makeup
It is highly unlikely that laser treatments will fail to remove your freckles, but it is possible to leave some freckles on before you complete your sessions. Home remedies on the other hand, may not work on the dark and stubborn freckles. The same case applies to over the counter products.
This does not mean that you have to walk around with a dotted face all your life. You can make makeup your best friend.
Makeup will not remove your freckles but it will instantly hide them whenever you want to avoid an embarrassing moment. This is how to remove freckles on faces using makeup:
- Invest in cream foundations if you have normal or dry skin. However, if you skin is oily choose a liquid matte foundation for oily face. The color should be a blend of your lighter skin and that of your dark spots.
- Use a brush to apply the foundation so that you do not over do it and to ensure you do it evenly. One layer of foundation should be enough instead of two. Otherwise, it will appear caked.
- Apply face powder over the foundation and retouch whenever possible to keep the freckles from showing.
How to Remove Freckles on Lips – Tips
If you get freckles on lips suddenly then you should see your dermatologists. Lip freckles, which turn up later in life could be signaling an underlying sickness. Only a dermatologist can rule out the possibility of an illness. Therefore, book an appointment with one and have it checked before using any of the above home remedies or over the counter creams. These treatments should help you on how to remove freckles on lips without complications as long as you have a go ahead from the dermatologist.
How to Remove Freckles with Lemon
If you are wondering how to use lemon to remove freckles since it is one of the most trusted home remedy for many generations, I will give you a step-by-step guide shortly. Here is how to remove freckles with lemon:
- Fetch a clean fresh lemon and cut it into two
- Squeeze the its juice in a bowl
- Get a cotton ball and dip it into the juice to make it damp
- Dab the cotton on your freckles and leave it for 15 minutes
- Using a facial soap, rinsing it off and wear a moisturizer if its in the morning, at night you can choose to sleep with it on your skin, but under a moisturizer.
Further suggested reading
- Best Freckle Removal Cream (with Reviews)
- How to Fade Freckles Fast & Overnight with Products
- How to Lighten Freckles Fast on Face and with Lemon Juice
- How to Get Rid of Freckles on Face Fast
- Laser Freckle Removal Cost, Before and After Reviews
- Can Black People Have Freckles? Causes and Pictures
- What Are Freckles? Medical Term and How to Prevent Freckles
- Eye Freckle Removal, Cancer and Pictures
- New Freckles on Lips and How to Get Rid of Freckles
- Red Freckles Causes and Meaning of Tiny Freckles on Skin
- What Causes Freckles to Appear on Skin and Eyes?