Laser mole removal is a great choice for moles that are small in size and which one wants to get rid of for cosmetic purposes. In this post, we explore laser mole removal cost, laser mole removal on face, CO2 laser removal, aftercare and removal scarring.
Laser Mole Removal Cost
There are a number of factors that influence laser mole removal cost. Each doctor factors in different aspects of the mole removal before coming up with the cost. The geographic area, number and size of the moles will also determine the cost. Some moles may also require more than one session before they are completely gone. In general, the cost per session per mole ranges between $50 and $80 on the lower side and up to $500 on the upper end.
It is important to ensure that before one signs up for laser mole removal, the doctor first examines it and gives an approximate number of treatments that may be required.
Laser Mole Removal Face Procedure
There are a number of mole removal procedures. Laser mole removal face procedure is most appropriate for cosmetic purposes as it will leave no scars. It is also quite painless and can reach places such as the nose on the face. Laser treatment uses thermal energy to break down moles.
Before the process begins, the area surrounding the mole is numbed using a local anesthesia. After this, laser light is used to get rid of the mole. The pigment clears off with time during the natural healing process. A scab may form over the mole but will fall later on.
It is also possible for the area to turn dark days after procedure is carried out. One can cover this up using cosmetics until it disappears. Caution should however be taken not to infect the wound with makeup. A patient should avoid exposure of the treated area to sunlight for six weeks. One should use sunscreen when out.
With this procedure, the chances is scarring are minimal. It is also relatively painless and one only experiences a little irritation on their skin. This method is quite beneficial as it is not invasive. The fact that no burning or cutting is done minimizes the risk of infection significantly. Multiple moles on the face can as well be treated in one session.
Though this method is a great one, it has its own drawbacks. Laser mole removal procedures are not suitable for moles that are deep rooted in the skin. It can therefore only be used to treat small moles that are close to the surface of the skin. The method also works by destroying the mole. As a result, it does not provide mole tissue for examination. This being the case, one should only settle for the method after having the mole checked by a dermatologist to ascertain that it is benign.
Laser Mole Removal Scar
Laser mole removal is one of the removal methods that do not leave a scar. However, this is not guaranteed and is dependent on various factors. Complications of scarring are likely to occur when:
- Laser is used for treatment of moles that are too deep.
- Post-operation wound care is not practiced.
- Operation is done by incompetent doctors.
- Wrong laser is used on a given skin type.
- Patients fail to comply with the post operation care instructions given.
The best way through which one can avoid scarring is by:
- Choosing a certified and competent doctor.
- Following instructions given for taking care of the wound.
- Research on what your skin type is and the appropriate type of laser suitable for you. Only settle for a doctor who will offer that.
- Ensure that the wound remains clean and well moisturized after the treatment.
Laser Mole Removal Before and After
There should be a remarkable difference between laser mole removal before and after looks. The after look should leave one without the mole and without trading it for a scar. Where the mole was, healing should come with a uniform blending with the rest of the skin. For quality assessment, one may request to have before and after photos of the mole taken.
CO2 Laser Mole Removal
CO2 laser mole removal is an effective way of getting rid of bothersome moles. This method is most appropriate for moles that are benign but which one finds unsightly. It is regarded superior than traditional surgical methods as it ensures that the surrounding areas are not affected by targeting the mole alone. Scarring when using this method is also minimal.
Apart from that, the process does not involve stitching which is usually the main cause of scarring. The laser works by sealing the skin as it works on the tissue. This way bleeding is minimized. The chances of infection are also reduced and the surface is left smooth. The procedure takes little time, healing is fast and is most appropriate for cosmetic mole removal.
Laser Mole Removal NYC
Getting a doctor who can do mole removal using laser in New York City is easy. One should check out reviews which can be found online. This will help choose doctors who are highly rated and who have satisfied their customers so as to book an appointment with the best.
Laser Mole Removal Seattle
The best person to carry out laser mole removal while in Seattle is one who is certified. This way you are assured of getting quality services. In case one suffers some complications, they will know how best to deal with it.
Laser Mole Removal Chicago
There are many doctors who can do laser mole removal in Chicago. What sets them apart is the quality of their work. Before settling for one, it would be best to check with family and friends for referrals.
Laser Mole Removal Los Angeles
Just like in other states, laser mole removal is readily available in Los Angeles, one should however not settle for any dermatologist they come across. Conducting a background check will ensure you get value for your money and that your wellbeing is not compromised as a result of undertaking the procedure.
Laser Mole Removal Aftercare
Once the removal procedure is over, it is important that one follows laser mole removal aftercare. This goes a long way in ensuring that no scarring is experienced. The steps below will help deal with the wound in the best way possible.
- In case the treated area feels irritated, use a cold compress to soothe it. This also helps in getting rid of any redness.
- Avoid use of very hot water baths, massages and strenuous exercises for three days after treatment.
- One should wait for at least 12 hours before washing the treated area. Use a mild cleanser during the healing process. Scrubs and other irritants should not be used until one heals. Pat not rub dry after finishing.
- Apply a healing ointment that has hydrating qualities to keep the area well hydrated. Other types of moisturizers should be avoided for the first five days.
- For the five days following laser mole treatment, makeup should be avoided. In case it has to be used, one should use new products to reduce the chances of infection.
- Avoid exposure to direct sunlight for the next two months post mole laser treatment. Apply a high sunscreen protection product when going out. Exposing the wound to the sun may irritate and damage the skin and thus delay healing.
Further Suggested Reading
- Natural Mole Removal with Tea Tree Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mole on Scalp – Removal of Red, Pink, Black Mole on Scalp
- Home Mole Removal – Kits, Freeze & Best Products
- Enrique Iglesias Mole Removal Plastic Surgery & Before and After
- Cancerous Moles Signs, Types & Pictures of Cancerous Moles
- Moles on Skin – Causes, Black, White & Dangerous Skin Moles
- Mole Removal Surgery Cost, Recovery, Stiches & Pain
- Raised Mole Removal on Back, Scalp & Neck (with Pictures)
- Moles on Face – How to Get Rid & Prevent Moles on Face
- Black Moles on Back, Face and Leg (with Pictures)
- Itchy Mole on Back, Arm, Leg and Chest
- What Is a Dysplastic Mole? Severe & Mild Dysplastic Moles
- Abnormal Moles Biopsy, Results and Pictures
- Precancerous Moles Meaning, Pictures & Removal
- Flat Mole Removal Cream at Home & Cost
- Mole Removal Cream Reviews for Face Flat Moles & Where to Buy
- Mole Removal Cost – How Much Does Cosmetic & Dermatologist Mole Removal Cost?
- Skin Colored Mole on Face, Nose & Scalp
- Mole Biopsy Results, Healing, Cost & Procedure
- Mole on Breast – Red, Black Moles and Meaning
- How to Remove Moles on Face, Neck with Iodine & Honey
- Melanoma Moles Pictures, Signs & Malignant Melanoma Moles
- White Mole on Face, Head, Back & Scalp
- What are Red Moles on Scalp, Breast, Baby & Back (with Pictures)
- Painful Mole on Back, Face, Neck & Scalp
- New Moles Appearing on Body, Face & Breast Skin
- Malignant Moles Signs & Symptoms, Treatment & Pictures
- Bleeding Mole & How to Stop Bleeding Mole on Face & Head
- Raised Mole on Face, Back, Neck (with Pictures)
- Atypical Mole Syndrome, Pictures and Biopsy Results
- Hairy Mole – Why Are Moles Hairy Tailed?
- What Causes Moles to form on Skin & Face
- Different Types of Moles on Skin & Face (with Pictures)
- What Are Moles – Pictures, Signs & How Moles Look Like