Every woman needs to take good care of her hair. Natural hair requires extra pampering to remain healthy. This is why we gathered information on how to keep straight natural hair. In this post, we also tell you how you can get naturally straight hair without subjecting your hair to excessive heat and chemicals. Also, read on to find out how to scrunch natural straight hair, hairstyles for straight hair and how to turn straight hair wavy.
How to Keep Straight Natural Hair
To remain neat and looking glamorous in your straight hair, there needs to be a lot of maintenance and hair care. The tips given below are on how to keep straight natural hair. These will help you keep away from the damaging effects of chemical and heat processing for the longest time possible:
- Hair should be washed in the afternoon to give it enough time to dry before bed. This reduces possibility of formation of waves
- Brush hair when it is dry just before wetting it for washing.
- Always apply shampoo and rinse it off downwards. Also let hair to hang loose as it dries downwards. These will help prevent the hair from additional volume.
- Braiding or tying up hair in ponytails and buns creates waves. Avoid these for naturally straight hair.
- Rinsing hair with cold water helps to seal in moisture necessary to keep straight hair healthy
- If you must comb hair when wet, be sure to use a detangling product and use a wide toothed comb. This will help prevent hair breakage.
- Let hair to air dry whenever you can.
- Protect your hair from humidity as much as you can to ensure it does not curl.
How to Make Your Hair Naturally Straight or How to Get Naturally Straight Hair
The various ways used to get permanently straight hair come with risks. Some people could be allergic to the chemicals used while hair damage may also be experienced. To save your hair while still enjoying a straight hair look, it is advisable to learn how to make your hair naturally straight. Below we discuss some ways through which this can be done.
- Get a bunch of fresh celery leaves and extract its juice. This could be done by straining or blending.
- Store the juice in a vessel and leave it overnight.
- Apply juice on hair for the whole length and massage the hair scalp with it. Use a broad toothed comb to evenly distribute the extract.
- Leave the treatment in for an hour then shampoo and condition.
- Blow dry and style.
- Mix water and milk in a ratio of 1:1 depending on how much hair you have.
- Put the mixture in a spray bottle and spritz it on hair and scalp.
- Leave it in until it dries on the hair.
- Rinse off gently and style.
- Repeat this three times a week.
Hot oil therapy:
Hot oil treatment works to straighten hair by moisturizing follicles and thus loosening curls and waves.
- Put coconut oil in a vessel and submerge it in a container with hot water.
- Let the oil stand until it is warm.
- Apply this on hair and scalp and comb thoroughly with a wide toothed brush.
- Cover hair with a shower cap and wrap a hot towel around it.
- Clean up after one hour and do this thrice a week.
- Mix an egg with some milk and add a teaspoon of olive oil
- If your hair is long enough, deep it as long as you can in the solution. If not soak the hair in the treatment.
- Let it stand for 30 minutes
- Shampoo hair as usual and blow dry it.
How to Scrunch Naturally Straight Hair
There are a number of ways on how to scrunch naturally straight hair. Below we discuss some.
One way on how to scrunch straight hair is by starting off with damp hair. Apply your favorite styling product on your palms. Rub the hands together to enhance even distribution of the product. Make your hair to hang down straight by bending at the waist. Section hair into tiny parts and ball the parts up like we do when crumpling a piece of paper. Make sure that the product is getting on the hair. Repeat this for all hair and spritz a holding spray after you are done.
Another way would be by washing and conditioning hair as usual. Leave it to dry before applying some styling mousse. Clip hair in small buns and apply a styling spray. Let the hair stand for some time before undoing buns. Spray hair with a holding spray and style as desired.
The foam roller method is yet another technique that can be used to scrunch straight hair. Get the hair wet and towel dry till it is no longer dripping wet but still damp. Apply some mousse or styling gel from the roots of the hair to the tips. Roll hair in foam rollers and let the hair dry in a dryer. Leave it to cool off before removing the rollers. Tousle the hair and then scrunch it. Apply a holding spray.
Bone Straight Natural Hair
It is possible to get bone straight natural hair without using chemicals. Using an ionizing blow dryer will help achieve great results. Wash hair normally and apply a moisturizer and heat protectant. This will help prevent hair damage from excessive heat. Blow dry the hair using a barrel brush for perfect results. The quality of straightening will depend on how good the blow dry is.
For bone straight natural hair, flat iron it after the blow dry. This should be done with hair being divided into small sections. Finish off with a light spray.
How to Make Naturally Straight Hair Wavy
There are a number of ways on how to make naturally straight hair wavy. These most work with damp hair. One way is by braiding. Depending on the size of wave one wants, the number of braids will vary. Small and tight braids will yield intense waves as opposed to one loose braid. Twisting also works in the same way. Another way to get waves would be to wrap damp hair into a bun.
Once done twisting or braiding, blow dry the hair or wait for it to air dry. Carrying out these procedures before sleeping and sleeping on it would yield the best results. Finish off with a holding spray.
Hairstyles for Naturally Straight Hair
There are limitless hairstyles for naturally straight hair available online and in beauty magazines too. Most of them come with pictorials or videos. They are quite easy to adopt. Experiment with various styles depending on occasion.