Single moles on the face are perceived as beauty marks. There also is meaning of moles on face. These are discussed in this post. Also find out how to get moles removed and how to get rid of them at home. Bleeding moles on the face as well as ways of preventing them are discussed as well.
What Causes Moles on Face
Most of the times, moles on the face are hereditary. A person born in a family of individuals who have them is likely to get them as well. Small black moles are most common in people with dark skin. White ones occur as an immune system defense mechanism. They are mostly formed to fight the core mole. Red moles are as a result of a concentration of melanocytes on the skin.
Meaning of Moles on Face
In traditional mythology, meaning of moles on faces can be told depending on the specific location on the face. Below are some of these meanings.
- One found on the middle of the upper forehead means that a person will feel a lot of interest to members of the opposite sex.
- A mole that is below another one is indicative of an inability to make decisions. The inability increases with darker ones.
- One that is in the center of a woman’s forehead indicates an arrogant attitude. For a man, the mole symbolizes a lot of happiness and abundance.
- A mole that is on the side of a forehead is taken to mean a woman who values honesty from the people she relates with. When a man has one on the same location, it indicates that he is sensitive but a great public speaker.
- A mole on the lower middle forehead found in a woman shows that she has a low personality. In a man, it means that there is a possibility for him to suffer poor health.
- One that is found in between the eyebrows is the most unfortunate. It is an indicator of bad lack in the family.
- A woman who has a mole above the right eyebrow is ill tempered. In case it is dark, it means that she has a careless attitude. For a man it is indicative of the ability to use language effectively.
- A woman who has one above her right eyebrow is likely to inherit large amounts of money. A man with one on the same location indicates financial success. In case it is light colored, the man is likely to be too controlling of the wife.
- A mole on the upper right side of the forehead means that a woman will be successful. She will have a fulfilling marriage in various other aspects of life. For a man, it shows long life and business relations that are successful.
How to Get Rid of Moles on Face at Home
There are a number of items that can be applied as a means of how to get rid of moles without undergoing the surgical process. Below are some of these.
Apple Cider Vinegar
This is an inexpensive means on how to get rid of moles on face. It leaves no scar.
- Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Place the cotton ball on the mole and secure it with a bandage.
- Let this rest for one hour.
- Do this every single day until it falls off.
Iodine is a great product of getting rid of a mole.
- Apply some on it in the morning and evening before covering the mole up with a bandage to hold it.
- Do this daily and results will start being seen after a week when it starts to come off. Iodine should not be ingested as it is toxic.it should also not be used in large quantities.
- Pluck a clove and slice it into two parts.
- Place one half on the mole
- Wrap this up and leave it on overnight.
- Do this until the mole falls off.
- Another method would be to make a garlic paste and use it on behalf of the sliced one.
- Get some freshly peeled banana peels.
- Place a part of the peel with the inner side directly above the mole.
- Repeat until the peels dry the mole up until it has fallen off.
How to Remove Moles on Face
The best option on how to remove moles on the face is by having it done by an experienced dermatologist. They can do facial mole removal for both medical and cosmetic reasons. Unlike the home remedies discussed above, these work fast and only a single visit to the doctor is required. They are however pricey methods.
There are two main methods of removal. One involves excision with stiches and the other excision with cauterization. A local anesthesia is first applied to numb the area to be worked on. For excision with cauterization, a scalpel is used to shave off the mole to the skin level or slightly below it. A solution or an electrical instrument is then used to cauterize the area so as to stop bleeding.
For excision with stiches, the cut is normally deeper. Depending on the nature of the mole, a surgeon determines how deep they will go. The entire mole and some surrounding tissue is removed. Stitches are then used to close up the wound and stop bleeding.
During these processes, a doctor can request that a biopsy of the mole is carried out. This is more so when they realize the mole has abnormal features. Excisions are quite effective and work better than home remedies and facial mole removal creams.
Increasing and Growing Moles on Face
Moles on Face Increasing
When moles located on the face are increasingly growing, a doctor should be consulted as this could be a sign of melanoma. A doctor may the request a biopsy or order regular checks on it. When moles on the face appear when one is beyond 20 years old, it is important to have them checked.
Bleeding Mole on Face
For men, beard shaving sessions may graze and lead to a bleeding mole on face. An itchy mole could also end up bleeding. When this happens or when it starts bleeding for whichever other reason, one should consult a dermatologist.
If left unattended, a bleeding mole could get infected. This can lead to other complications. Bleeding could as well be a sign of melanoma. The earlier that melanoma is caught, the higher the chances of effective treatment will be.
How to Prevent Moles on Face
For people who do not inherit moles from their family lineage, it is possible to avoid getting some. Below are some of the ways on how to prevent moles on face:
- One should avoid sun during the hours that it is brightest. These are between 10.00am and 3.00pm.
- Wear adequate sunscreen any time you are venturing out. Pick one that has a sun protection factor (SPF) of at least 15.this should be applied half an hour before going out. Look out for those that contain titanium dioxide, avobenzone or micro dispersed zinc oxide.
- When in the sun, wear protective head gear. This could be a wide hat.
- Always re-apply sunscreen after every two hours especially when playing sports that will make it come off such as swimming.
Celebrities with Moles on Face
Among some of the celebrities who ha moles on face are:
- Supermodel Cindy Crawford
- Mariah Carey
- Goldie Hawn
- Eva Mendes
- Rachel Mcadams
- Sherilyn Fenn
- Angelina Jolie
- Blake Lively
- Marilyne Monroe
Further Suggested Reading
- Natural Mole Removal with Tea Tree Oil & Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mole on Scalp – Removal of Red, Pink, Black Mole on Scalp
- Home Mole Removal – Kits, Freeze & Best Products
- Enrique Iglesias Mole Removal Plastic Surgery & Before and After
- Cancerous Moles Signs, Types & Pictures of Cancerous Moles
- Moles on Skin – Causes, Black, White & Dangerous Skin Moles
- Mole Removal Surgery Cost, Recovery, Stiches & Pain
- Laser Mole Removal Cost, Before and After, Scar & Aftercare
- Raised Mole Removal on Back, Scalp & Neck (with Pictures)
- Black Moles on Back, Face and Leg (with Pictures)
- Itchy Mole on Back, Arm, Leg and Chest
- What Is a Dysplastic Mole? Severe & Mild Dysplastic Moles
- Abnormal Moles Biopsy, Results and Pictures
- Precancerous Moles Meaning, Pictures & Removal
- Flat Mole Removal Cream at Home & Cost
- Mole Removal Cream Reviews for Face Flat Moles & Where to Buy
- Mole Removal Cost – How Much Does Cosmetic & Dermatologist Mole Removal Cost?
- Skin Colored Mole on Face, Nose & Scalp
- Mole Biopsy Results, Healing, Cost & Procedure
- Mole on Breast – Red, Black Moles and Meaning
- How to Remove Moles on Face, Neck with Iodine & Honey
- Melanoma Moles Pictures, Signs & Malignant Melanoma Moles
- White Mole on Face, Head, Back & Scalp
- What are Red Moles on Scalp, Breast, Baby & Back (with Pictures)
- Painful Mole on Back, Face, Neck & Scalp
- New Moles Appearing on Body, Face & Breast Skin
- Malignant Moles Signs & Symptoms, Treatment & Pictures
- Bleeding Mole & How to Stop Bleeding Mole on Face & Head
- Raised Mole on Face, Back, Neck (with Pictures)
- Atypical Mole Syndrome, Pictures and Biopsy Results
- Hairy Mole – Why Are Moles Hairy Tailed?
- What Causes Moles to form on Skin & Face
- Different Types of Moles on Skin & Face (with Pictures)
- What Are Moles – Pictures, Signs & How Moles Look Like