Any woman will want to change her hairstyle once in a while. For women who desire pin straight strands and are wondering how to get straight hair, this post will tell you how. We explore how to get straight hair naturally too. For those who wish for the reverse, we tell them how to get wavy hair and also how to dread straight hair. Read on to find out more.
Table of Contents
How to Get Straight Hair
Straight shiny hair gives the wearer a refined look. This is the best way to rock hair especially for women who want to break away from curls and waves. There are various ways on how to get straight hair including overnight styling and natural treatments. Heat and chemical treatments could also be used to straighten hair.
How to Get Straight Hair Overnight
It is possible to get straight hair overnight as one sleeps. This helps to reduce styling time consumed in the morning. This method works best on damp hair. Sub-divide hair into two portions by parting at the center. Pick each section and bind it compactly around the head while securing it with bobby pins. Do the same for the other part. Wrap your head up with a head scarf and sleep on it. Undo the clips in the morning and your hair will be straight.
How to Get Perfectly Straight Hair –Silky, Sleek Really, Shinny, Smooth
To get perfectly straight hair that is silky and sleek looking and also shinny and smooth to touch, chemical treatments will be necessary. A flat iron could also be used to give that smooth look. While heat appliances may be used at home, it would be best if chemical treatments are done at the salon.
Below is the procedure on how to get perfectly straight hair using a flat iron:
- Shampoo and condition hair as usual. Ensure products used are free from sulfates to prevent your hair from damage.
- Do the final rinse with cold water to ensure that the moisture get locked in on the scalp. Towel dry hair by squeezing with the towel. Avoid rubbing as this may lead to frizz.
- Use a wide toothed comb to comb the hair.
- Blow dry hair starting from the roots to the tips. Use a round brush.
- Apply straightening spray on hair.
- Section hair into small parts and hook each part at a time on the flat iron. Let it stand for ten seconds before sliding it out. Secure the hair that has already been worked on with bobby pins.
- Finish of by applying a shine spray on the hair.
How to Get Straight Hair for Men
Men too, just like women, want to be well groomed and they can choose from the many options there are. Some would wish to know how to get straight hair for men. The most common way is to use a straightener which is effective on all hair types.
- Shampoo and condition hair.
- Towel dry hair and apply a generous amount of hair mousse.
- Leave hair to air dry.
- Partition hair into small parts and clip the parts not being worked on away. Start straightening hair some inches away from the roots by clipping hair in between and pulling while angling to the bottom.
- Do this for the whole head.
- Touch up with a final spray.
How to Get Straight Hair Naturally
Using heat and chemical processes for hair straightening causes irreversible damage on hair.it is therefore important to keep away from them as much as possible. This being the case, you could be wondering how to get straight hair naturally. Below are a number of options you can use.
Lime and Coconut Mixture
Use the following procedure to straighten hair using the above mixture.
- To one cup of coconut milk put in freshly squeezed one quarter cup of lime juice and chill until the mixture thickens into a paste.
- Spread that into clean hair and wrap head with plastic cap or towel for about 15-30 minutes.
- Cleanse hair using clean cold water and shampoo.
- Beginning from the bottom up, comb your hair using a wide toothed comb.
- Leave your hair to dry naturally
Olive Oil and Eggs
Olive oil can be mixed with eggs to attain naturally straight healthy and shiny hair.
- The mixture is applied to hair and allowed to stay for about 20 minutes
- Hair is then washed using shampoo.
- Comb hair using a wide toothed comb and let it air-dry.
Plain Yoghurt Treatment
Yoghurt makes the hair supple. To use it in making hair straight:
- Apply a generous amount of plain yoghurt all over the head and cover with a plastic cap.
- Leave the yoghurt in until it toughens up and dries up.
- Rinse the hair with a quality shampoo
- Detangle with a wide toothed comb and leave it to air dry.
- Place milk in a spray bottle.
- Spray the milk into hair consistently.
- Let the milk dry and then comb hair using a wide-toothed comb.
- Cleanse hair using cool water with shampoo and conditioner.
These do it yourself remedies work great if they are frequently done. For the hair to turn out to be straight Just select one method and repeat it a number of times for you to attain straight hair naturally.
How to Get Waves with Straight hair – How to Get Straight Hair Wavy
There are some universal methods on how to get waves with straight hair. Apply the following straight forward steps of how to get waves with straight hair.
- Hair ought to be trimmed to approximately 16mm-20mm.
- The barber must then begin cutting the waves in a natural pattern starting from the crown going outwards in a circular motion.
- Brush the hair by a brush which has soft bristles plus always maintain the hair laid down. This helps to maintain the waves fresh. You are able to do this by using a wave cap. Without keeping the waves laid down they will not seem too good.
- Visit the barber shop on one occasion in two weeks for touch ups or else as frequently as you sense the waves call for maintenance.
- Do not get the hair wet all the time so as to keep the waves deep and natural
How To Dread Straight Hair
Dreadlocks are lovely and they give the hair a break from combing, heating and styling which is very healthy. To get dread locks on your hair:
- Cleanse hair with shampoo only. Do not use conditioner as this will make it difficult to twist hair.
- Section hair into little sections and then bind rubber bands to the roots of the sections to lock them. Leave hair to dry on its own.
- When hair is entirely dry, back comb the sections so as to result in knots in the sections
- This should then be followed by twisting of the sections which must be done in one direction and as firmly as possible so that the dread does not bend.
- To help ease the twisting, apply beeswax o the dreadlocks.
- Once every single one of the dread locks is twisted drench them with a locking solution. Use a towel to wipe off excess wax and allow the dread locks to air dry while you re-twist them.
- To care for the dreadlocks wash, re-twist as well as wax as fresh hair growth begins to show.